Advent of electronic cigarette has changed the consumable filler nicotine state from solid to liquid and turned smoking into vaping. Thus Electronic Cigarette Liquid is of utmost importance for vaping experience. There is variation in flavor as well. You do not necessarily need to smell tobacco while vaping. You can choose even from different fruits, coffee, chocolate or menthol flavors for your Electronic Cigarette Liquid.
The Categories of Electronic Liquids:
- Flavors: If you consider the flavor to categorize e liquid, there are innumerable kinds of flavors offered by a number of 5 star rated or unrated companies. The list is too long to mention completely.
- Liquid Base: There are 3 kind of liquid bases that can be used to prepare an Electronic Cigarette Liquid. The First one is PG or Propylene Glycol, an organic compound which is used as food additive, in oral medicines and injections etc. It is easy flowing, odorless and tasteless and thus can carry any flavor nicely. The second type is VG or Vegetable Glycerin which is also a safe food additive especially in sweet items, cough syrups, tooth paste etc. Though it can produce great vapors, but is less preferred by most for its sweet taste and less fluidity. Third is PEG or Polyethylene Glycol which is less common as compared to PG and VG and used for PG allergic vapers. It is also a safe food processing liquid and widely used in toothpaste, mouthwash, eye drops, skin creams etc. Most e liquids use mixture of 70% PG and 30% VG as the liquid base.
- Nicotine Concentration or Strength: Besides base liquid, water and flavor nicotine is an important ingredient of an Electronic Cigarette Liquid. However, the amount of nicotine per ml varies and determines the strength of the e liquid. It is important that you know and choose right nicotine concentration for your vaping. Nicotine strength can start from zero i.e. 0 mg/ml and step gradually up to 6 mg/ml, 12 mg/ml, 18 mg/ml, 24 mg/ml and 36 mg/ml. More the nicotine strength, more addition and harm for your health.
Few Health related Questions you should ask yourself:
- If the Nicotine level is too High for you: 1. Do you feel uncomfortable burning on throat while inhaling vapor? 2. Do you feel drowsy or light headed after a few drags? 3. Do you have headache after a short vapig session? If you answer yes to any of these questions, the nicotine level is higher than that your body can accept. You can reduce the nicotine strength of your Electronic Cigarette Liquid to see the change. Of course, stepping down alone doesn’t guarantee improvement from the symptoms.
- If you can reduce the Nicotine level by yourself: If you have some extra bottle of e liquid you can try to bring down the nicotine strength by following ways -
1. The most convenient way of reducing the nicotine level without damaging the flavor is to buy the same flavor with less nicotine and mix them in appropriate ratio.
2. VG works fine in diluting nicotine concentration though it will thicken the E-Liquid.